Saturday, April 09, 2005

Rendez-Vous @ Hindu Mission Hospital

Hey if u havent read my previous post yet, please do;this post is like a sequel to the previous one,although i didnt intend it to be.... In my previous post i was talkin bout how i endured a rather queasy situation at appolo hospital...towards the endof the post if u notice, i was glad to mention that i hadnt been hospitalised since...well 'mr.irony' thought otherwise;that it was indeed time for me pay homage to my mecca...This time i had to pay tribute to Hindu Mission Hospital....

(I thought that i ll narrate this post Ayutha Ezhuthu/Yuva style)

Blood dripped from both my palms as i limped through the crowded streets of Tambaram...i ve never fainted in my life,but if there were ever an edge to fainting,i was bang on top of it... As i walk down the road a cop spots me,(by now i 'm pretty conspicuous),and helps me get into an auto....From there i go to Hindu Mission Hospital...

Frankly,i dont care what the dictionary definition for a hospital is,but i expect its workings to be a helluva lot different from that of your local cineplex or supermarket....Most people who enter the emergency/casuality ward dont do it using their legs,they re either dead or dying...Since i strolled in, the doctors
didnt heed to my calling immediately...

The senior doctor there asks for my name and age n stuff ,when he's finished with the Q&A session he hands over a bill!!!....He took me totally off guard,naturally the bill wasnt the first thing i was expecting...Grabbing the bill with my bloody hands,literally, i walk towards the counter... Over there i m treated to further insensitivity; The security guard helps me get my wallet out ,and i pay the teller with great difficulty...The impertinent bastard asks me if i have two bucks change...Hell man,this is supposed to be a charitable organisation....

Finally they attended to my needs...the nurses slowly sterlised my wound with a icky looking solution and as i sat there my mind started to wander...I replayed the moment when i jumped off,or rather was made to jump off a moving bus, because i apparently got into the wrong one.... I thought about how whilst mid air I knew i was gonna flip when i reached terra firma...I thought and smiled at how my intuitions were spot on,when i went scrapping along the road like Jonty Rhodes... I thought of the moment when i was lying on the ground and saw the bus moving along,not giving a damn about me...

Back at the hospital they seemed to be gettin on with the final touches...Their frugality with dispensing surgical tape is laughable i tell you...When I requested them to wipe off the dirt surrounding my wounds they said "'sorry,water is not coming from tap"...If you ask me,that simply was the icing on the cake....

There s one thing i ve learnt from this incident,other than "dont ever get off a moving bus u ass hole''.....When i was on the foot board of the bus,seconds before i leapt,my brain ceased to function.It was obfuscated with shouts from the conductor and people nearby asking me to get off,i jus didnt think straight...Its because of this and my foolhardiness i ended up being hurt....

Well it must be pretty obvious what i'm trying to get at: "Dont ever be coerced into taking decisions impulsively ,it might have some irreparable effects"

Hopefully, next time around i can give u gyan without having to substantiate them with practical instances... if u can please post your comments..

C ya!!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dumb, Dumber and Dumberer!
Dumb:Your falling off a moving bus.
Dumber: You blogging your dumb act.
Dumberer:My reading it,. and should i mention posting comments??
PS: Yeppo da vizhunthaaaaa??? That your loving sis in me!!!!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is gayu da.. i was too bored to sign up as a blogger and all and i forgot my previous username,. so there... from now on i shall be anonymous..

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kris i feel sad when some anonymous ppl say tat u r dumb so as a friend for my part U R REALLY DUMB to getoff a moving bus :-)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Prashanth said...

Falling off the bus wasnt all bad experience...for a long time i wanted to dive like Jonty,i guess my dream came true that day...

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home